There are different types of overseas qualifications assessments – and different organisations that manage each type of assessment – depending on why you need an assessment.
It is important that you select the right assessment type – listed below – to suit your purposes.
- Migrating to Australia – refer to the skills assessment and assessing authorities information on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Temporary work in Australia – visit the holiday or vacation visas information on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Employment in a regulated profession in Australia – for professionals and tradespeople who need registration, membership or licensing, skills assessment and assessing authorities’ information can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Incomplete overseas qualification – contact a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to apply for a qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). If the equivalent qualification remains incomplete, the RTO can issue a statement of attainment and can advise on further training
- Working in the Northern Territory (NT) with a recognised Overseas Qualification – our Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) assesses qualifications to help you secure work in the NT. Check if you are eligible for a free assessment.
- Further study in Australia – apply directly to the university or education provider for an assessment.
Below is an example of our OQU Assessment Advice – it is an official document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in Australia, based on the Australian Government’s Department of Education and Training assessment guidelines.