There are different types of overseas qualifications assessments – and different organisations that manage each type of assessment – depending on why you need an assessment.
It is important that you select the right assessment type – listed below – to suit your purposes.
- Migrating to Australia – refer to the skills assessment and assessing authorities information on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Temporary work in Australia – visit the holiday or vacation visas information on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Employment in a regulated profession in Australia – for professionals and tradespeople who need registration, membership or licensing, skills assessment and assessing authorities’ information can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Incomplete overseas qualification – contact a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to apply for a qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). If the equivalent qualification remains incomplete, the RTO can issue a statement of attainment and can advise on further training
- Working in the Northern Territory (NT) with a recognised Overseas Qualification – our Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) assesses qualifications to help you secure work in the NT. Check if you are eligible for a free assessment.
- Further study in Australia – apply directly to the university or education provider for an assessment.
Below is an example of our OQU Assessment Advice – it is an official document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in Australia, based on the Australian Government’s Department of Education and Training assessment guidelines.
Sample of Overseas Qualification Assessment