Fast track your way to a formal qualification by receiving recognition for the study you have completed or the skills you’ve gained from work or volunteering…
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is about determining whether the skills, knowledge and experience you have gained in the past partially or completely qualify you for a qualification offered by a registered training organisation.
Benefits of RPL:
- could save you money and study time
- help with your career – promotion or career change
- provide options for credit towards a qualification or degree.
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) recognises skills and knowledge irrespective of where you learnt those skills. You do not have to attend formal training in order to get these skills recognised. The qualification will be the same as any gained through study in Australia.
The typical RPL process, regardless of the registered training organisation, consists of the following stages:
- identifying the evidence required
- providing you advice about the process
- providing sufficient information to help you prepare your evidence to meet the standard required for the RPL assessment process
- assessing using appropriate evidence-gathering methods and tools
- recording the outcome and notifying you of it.
The Skills Recognition Centre can help you navigate the RPL process and put you in contact with appropriate registered training organisations in the Northern Territory who can assist you. Contact us or drop in to our shopfront in the Smith St Mall, Darwin City to find out more.