The JobTrainer program supports job seekers and young people to upskill or reskill with free and low cost training courses.
These courses will include full qualifications and skills sets in identified areas of skill needs.
Eligible participants can complete more than one short course.
Who can apply
You can apply if you’re:
- a job seeker – an individual who is out of work
- receiving an income support payment – find out more on the Services Australia website
- a school leaver or young person – 17-24 years old regardless of employment status.
You must also :
- be an NT resident
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency
- have the skills and capabilities to undertake training and to actively engage in employment.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply if you’re:
- a school student or under 17 years old
- an individual who is employed and over 24 years old.
How to apply
Available courses can be found on the Northern Territory Government’s webpage here
You should contact the training provider directly to check timing and availability of the course you are interested in.
If you are unsure or need advice, the Skills Recognition Centre can help you find training that will suit your circumstances, and enhance your skills and job prospects. Contact us to find out more.